We’re holding a competition for school children to make a map of their local area, being as creative as possible. Glitter, egg boxes, crayons, pens, felt and sticky back plastic; whatever you want!
Up for grabs in prizes are:
- A digital camera, software and printer package for the winning class or school.
- An atlas.
- The winning artwork will feature on our website.
The competition is open to all primary and junior schools in the West Midlands and we’re seeking one entry per school. So, this could be the best map produced by a single member of a class (as a result of your own competition), or it could be a group or an entire class effort.
We hope that the competition will:
- Encourage children to represent their local environment creatively.
- Enhance children’s awareness of maps and geography.
- Help children to become more conscious of their local environment.
- Raise the profile of geographical information within schools.
For details on taking part, contact Oliver Nicholls on 0121 503 3313 (firstname.lastname@example.org).